2
0 Comments

Designer pair needed / front-end help in return

Hey folks!

In programming, we have a very powerful and delightful technique that is called pair programming. It's usually used in agile teams and is amazingly helpful to:

  • share knowledge and learn
  • get better personal connections
  • solve issues that could arise during development

I've done that myself and I usually recommend others to pair. What I'd love to do as well, is pairing with a designer or even somewhat broader cross-domain pairing with people for whom I can be useful in return as a web developer.

For instance, currently, I'm working on my website re-design. (Finally, I should have one in a decent shape after a dozen of attempts spanned over 10 years.) It's going fine but I'm not a real designer and it seems that the style I chose leads me to the dead end - I can't actually style main pages, that is blog articles, so that they look nice. Or at least so that I'd like them.

I think what would work best for me now is to pair with a designer who's familiar with Figma (I started using it for the first time) and is willing to spend about 30-40 minutes giving me advice. In return, I could give advice/help with web development, especially front-end stack. I live and work in GMT+3 - not sure if it's convenient for anybody here but I'm flexible.

Foreseeing possible interest in the subject, I created a spreadsheet that's everybody is free to edit and browse with requests for pairing. If you're interested, please consider using it - if enough people start collaborating it could be very useful.

Pairing needed spreadsheet: https://goo.gl/25x8Zs

Or perhaps you even know an existing solution to that - how to find somebody to pair with on a task you work on.

Cheers!