3
2 Comments

One-stop-shop for Entrepreneurs

this product

Hello Hustlers!

I am trying to build an SaaS called Steps (www.steps.ca) — One central hub that will work in partnership with you to provide a fast, efficient, quality brand that everyone can be proud of.

— MISSION: Our mission is to be the one-stop-shop to launch and run your business. Along with business registration, incorporation, and branding development, we’ll soon have a website builder, domain purchasing, marketing tools, and much more. Everything you need to start, rund and grow your business all in one place.

At the moment we are running in Canada, we will expand to other countries as we grow. Later, we would like to add tools such as: markteplace to get advice from experts, marketplace to raise funds (crowdfunding for business) so you easily bring your idea to life.

Please help me by visiting www.steps.ca and do not hesitate to share any negative/positive advice and thought you might have about the idea, product, design, name, or anything that comes to mind!

P.S Our website is still running manually as we are developing it. Soon, you will be able to sign up/in and manage your business, (so don't judge the functionalities just yet :).

Kind Regards.

  1. 5

    A few comments:

    • Be honest about your company, I realize it might be temporary copy but saying you're the largest startup platform and serve thousands of companies needs to be removed if you haven't launched yet :)
    • I'm not sure this is a subscription business. If it is, the value that I get on an ongoing basis is not articulated.
  2. 3

    First, I'm in the US, so this isn't targeted to me.

    When I look at the site, it would seem that this type of service is targeted towards someone who's brand new at getting all the paperwork, etc to start a business.

    To that end, the website doesn't feel like it explains itself very well on the home page, there's a lot of white space where I'd prefer to see more concise descriptions of "You want to start a business. You need to do this... and this is what we do to help you." In clear language.

    Also, on the home page, tell me who you are and why I should trust you. Why? Because we're talking about taking legal, er, steps to starting a business and I'd be weary of taking legal advice from some unknown person. Also, when dealing with legal issues, do you have a lawyers that are validating everything as well? If not, you probably need to say that and make sure you advise people to have their own legal review of things, etc., if only to cover yourself from potential issues.

    Just another small thing as I was bouncing around the site, you have a countdown on one page with something like 169 days. That's way too far out for launch countdowns because things can change dramatically between now and then. Remove it until you are within a couple of weeks and doing a big final push to get people to sign up for it.