3
2 Comments

Looking for beta users - accept Stripe, PayPal & cryptocurrencies

Hi fellow Indiehackers ✌️

On my projects, I always start by accepting payments with Stripe as it's the simplest to set up and I don't waste time on the integration.
However, a lot of users prefer paying via PayPal (simplicity, protection).
Recently, I started accepting cryptocurrencies for one of my apps. I was surprised that a bunch of users actually pay with them.

So I put this into a product -Eliopay- to make it easy to accept these methods, in a 'Stripe Checkout' way.
Add your API keys from Stripe/PayPal/PayBear, create a form (price, currency, description, ..) copy the code on your website and you're good to go.

Anyway, right now, I'm looking for a few beta users who'd be willing to test the service and give feedback on how to improve it.

If you are interested, hop on the Telegram group :) https://t.me/joinchat/DOwv4QncZTrPmjwUAYsWiw

Happy hacking!

  1. 2

    This looks neat! What would make me choose this over Braintree, which also does CC, PayPay, Bitcoin, and others?

    P.S. you forgot to include a link to your product: https://eliopay.com/

    1. 0

      Thanks Gregory :) The site is still very barebone that's why I didn't include a link :p

      So Braintree is cool, tho some people might already be using Stripe and want to stay with it.
      Although they accept Bitcoin, it isn't a 'full' integration: only BTC available, you need a Coinbase account to pay and you can't receive your payments on external wallets.
      They don't advertise nor talk about Bitcoin on their website so I wouldn't count on the integration to be durable.
      I also think that you'll be set up a lot faster with Eliopay, assuming you have a Stripe and PayPal account.
      The API, while being infinitely much more powerful on Braintree is much more simple and straightforward with Eliopay.

      At the end if you need a full featured and customisable payment provider, Eliopay isn't ready for that. If you want to accept simple payments in 5 minutes tho, check it out ;)