26
16 Comments

Show IH: Driver.js – A lightweight engine to drive user's focus across the page

Driver

It was a little side project that I made last week. My SASS product started to seem boring so worked on this for a change. Back to the SASS now :)

  1. 5

    No dependency
    vanilla JavaScript

    5 stars 👍

  2. 3

    Really great, will definitely give it a try for onboarding in my SaaS!

  3. 3

    Nice job! We've been debating whether we implement something like this on our site. I like that yours can be triggered by the user. I'll let you know if we use it.

  4. 3

    Fantastic!

  5. 3

    Great project! It's a must in terms of getting a good UX. I just stargazed on github, PH and IH.

    Can I ask you how did you get so many stars on github that fast? You showed it on PH, IH and what else? :) I mean, we're a community of makers, it would be really useful info for future open source projects.

    1. 1

      I also came across this on some programming subreddits on Reddit

  6. 3

    This is awesome! did you build it?

    I'm going to use this in a project ASAP!

    1. 1

      This comment was deleted 9 years ago

  7. 2

    Oh wow, this is great!

    I've been looking for a good library for doing this. The others were way too bulky. I've starred this repo and am going to integrate it with our on boarding experience

  8. 2

    Super useful!

  9. 2

    This is great - I'll give it a go in my app this week. Thanks!

  10. 2

    This looks so simple and love that it works in vanilla JS. Nice explanations and the demos made it clear what the key uses were. Each time I thought "but what about this", the next demo actually had the answer.

    One thing: figure out if you can build an integration that allows people to do this with no or minimal tracking (maybe a CDN). Then charge for that convenience. You've built something actually useful and simple. But I bet there are a bunch of people who'll want this but won't know how to code it.

  11. 2

    Really nice 👍🏾

  12. 2

    Looks great for onboarding. I've done this kind of effect with video editing, but haven't seen it on the web. Coding seems simple too. Congrats.

    One question – is there any way to have some other code execute in between steps?

    1. 1

      Yes, there are hooks available. You can hook your code into different events and perform whatever you may want

  13. 2

    really nice, great work mate. will add to my toolbox for usecases

  14. 2

    @kamranahmed_se awesome!

  15. 2

    This comment was deleted 7 years ago