So, I am trying to build an app that is like social media for pets or pet owners in which they can share there pets photos, videos, gifs whether it is cute or silly moment whatever. They also can chat or share with another user.
So, Is this just another crazy idea or Maybe It has some potential.
** And if want to suggest any name you are most welcome**
To me, this sounds like your better of just starting a new Instagram account. People create accounts for their pets and posts pics/vids of them because they get likes.
There are so many people using Instagram for this, so I think it would be hard to create another service to compete.
The idea is good, but I think it would be hard to create a service that competes with Instagram. But if you try to do so, I wish you the best of luck :-)
It's not a crazy idea, but the problem is that you've perfectly described a section of a business that already exists with 86,420,783 posts for cats alone
https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/catsofinstagram/
If you can come up with social media for pets or pet owners in which they can share there pets photos, videos, gifs that is innovative in such a way that make their lives easier or more enjoyable than any of the existing comparable tools with a cost of switching to your app that is low enough to do so, then you might be on to something
If you want to build an app for fun, then go ahead and make catstagram or whatever — just don't don't confuse hobby and business
If you want to get in front of a pets-related audience and sell them stuff, you can already do that with Instagram quite easily
If you want to solve problems for pet owners with technology and make a business out of it, I'd focus on a tiny market segment and have some conversations about their problems
Try to niche it down even futher. Don't build another instagram, build something stupiditly simple, learn marketing and ASO on the way, sell it for 1.99$ and try to reach 500$/month. An example - dogs names generator based on owner's personal interests and hobbies. I personally wouldn't use dogs social network, but once in a while I will use the second when it comes to figure out a non conventional name for a dog.
You can call it woofluence. Because all the little dogs posting their woof woof status updates can now become influencers and get brand deals. Poochstagram.
I second what most the others have said. People generally get this need fullfiled by existing offerings. From a JTBD perspective I fail to see how it gets more of the job done.
Why not just find a Facebook group? I'm sure there are loads around. I would validate your idea by building your community there first
This comment was deleted 8 years ago
This comment was deleted 4 years ago
This comment was deleted 4 years ago