The idea is to build semi-random video chat matching on top of a professional network. Right now LinkedIn is a great recruitment tool - it's an online resume, a way for companies to find candidates, and advertise jobs. It's not a place where employees can share advice and experiences cross-company. This concept is to build a tool making this easy.
An example. I'm a user: I'm a frontend engineer at a ~200 person company in SF. I want to match and video chat with someone similar. My constraints are: "software engineer", "san francisco bay area", "100-500 people". Maybe I'm just curious to learn about their company, their tech stack, how their testing infrastructure works, etc. It's the kind of conversation I might have if I randomly met this person at a conference or party.
Business model - likely subscription based once a decent sized network built up.
Thoughts?
Sounds like a pretty interesting take on peer-to-peer industry mentorship. I like the concept, do you have any evidence to suggest that this might be a better solution than what already exists today? Often I've reached out to others on LinkedIn or Twitter and have gotten some good responses because it's easy to send someone a quick message or meet them for coffee. Maybe it's just me but I feel like there's a bigger barrier to hosting and scheduling video chats than the alternatives. It'd be great if this did take off though, building up a large network would certainly be the key! 🔑