Wanted to share with you a little joy of mine. The first round of feedback for rukidoo.com live screensavers was that it's very fuzzy what "live" or "animated" exactly is.
So instead of working on animation features recently, I rather added video rendering support (ok, frame exporting + ffmpeg), and managed to make a rendering of some basic animation. It's literally IH to see it first (after family)!
Next up I'll have to work on actual animation features, also export a video with proper 16:9 ratio, which now I can't for a silly reason - I use a tiling window manager on a small screen, and have trouble taking fine-grained control of window size. And I didn't want to invest time adding proper offscreen buffering (sounds like at least 2 hours of moonlighting).
Anyway, enjoy the show!
[Edit: IH forum engine turned the Youtube channel link to a nice image+description blob, but it's not apparent what it links to. That's the channel link.]