7
5 Comments

How do you collect and organize user feedback?

Hi all! I'm John, one of the founders over at Art in Res (https://artinres.com). We just launched (woohoo!) our peer-to-peer fine art rental platform. (Think Airbnb for fine art.)

We are doing a lot to get user feedback, and we're getting a lot of it! And it's been very useful. So that's all good.

The tricky part that we are starting to encounter is how best to store and organize this user feedback. Right now, the feedback is all over the place - in emails, in notes on Google Drive, on paper... - and we need to get it in one place, for starters.

I have a couple ideas: we could put it in our company wiki, we could put it in Trello, maybe we could create a folder in our Google Drive and create different documents by theme/topic. But none of these intuitively satisfy. Has anyone figured out a good solution?

Looking forward to the collective wisdom of the IndieHackers community - thank you!

John

  1. 3

    I'd say this is one the largest challenges product managers face. There are plenty of tools built for it but the trick is to get buy in from the entire company on using that tool and being consistent in nomenclature on tagging, etc.. If your team is small enough that can be easy and one person can own auditing the system regularly. A few tools I've found in my journey:
    https://nomnominsights.com/
    https://www.glidr.io/
    https://delvetool.com/

  2. 3

    I specifically built a tool for this called BugFeedr : https://www.bugfeedr.com/ - Simply embed the feedback form on your site, or link out to the form itself and let people give you structured feedback that you can then push to Trello, Slack, Asana and a few others.

    I use it for all my side projects as a link in the footer and people use it all the time.

    I do development work too so when working on a client site I create a new form specific for the client and that project and just send them a link to the form in an email or again link to it from within the site. Then anyone testing the site during development can give feedback. It's so much easier than hundreds of emails and trying to sort through them all.

    Oh and the nice thing is that your clients/users don't have to create an account to give feedback.

  3. 2

    I think it's cool that this community has different tools to help with this problem. I will have to check them out. I admit, however, that I've found in the past that this stuff has a short shelf life.

    Because business, especially startups, are such a moving target, the questions you ask and what you learn is very useful for near term decisions but rarely useful longer term because you'll be in a new context and so need to engage in fresh research.

    So my conclusion has been that it doesn't really matter whether it's a shared drive folder, or trello, or a long Google doc as long as it stays organized and stale stuff can get archived so you're always focused on the research and insights of the present time.

  4. 2

    We actually just beta launched a tool to solve this problem and are actively working to add a few features before an official launch. Let me know if you want to give it a try and test it out for us!

    https://feedmo.io