Hi! 👋
I'm about to finish building a new side-project, and I'm at the stage of finding a crash reporting tool (mainly for iOS right now) to include before the public release to easily get reports of crashes to fix them.
Ideally I would use Crashlytics, but after reading multiple tweets and comments, not sure if it's a good idea because of all the information that they collect about the people that uses my app.
Do you have any suggestion of some multi-platform crash reporting tools? Including open-source.
+1 for self-hosted Sentry: https://docs.sentry.io/server/installation/
I've also used Firebase Crashlytics before. Very easy to integrate (especially with React Native), but doesn't solve your concerns about data & privacy. You can always get in touch with them directly, they're legally obligated to give you an explicit list of what data they use and what they use it for.
Yes, I also tried Firebase Crashlytics recently and it's really easy to integrate. This said, I hate that it requires me to install the Firebase libraries (including Google libraries) + Fabric + Crashlytics.
Will keep an eye on self-hosted Sentry. Thanks!