1
2 Comments

Single Founder Success

I think single founders can succeed in either scratching their own itch or discovering unmet needs only if they collaborate with others. The co-creation is the missing ingredient for poor success rate when compared to having multiple co founders. I would love to hear your thoughts on this issue.

  1. 1

    I think its better to stay single on your startup in the beginning, especially if you have all necessary skills and you don't have right friend to help you.
    What I mean here, you should not invest too much on things in the beginning that maybe won't work in the future (bad features and bad co-founders). That's why solo foundation is enough at this time.
    When you find something valuable, some customers that pays you money with high retention. You can hire someone as contractor with ability to become co-founder in the future.
    Advice: look for mentors and talk more to your customers to find energy and keep going in the beginning

  2. 1

    Co-founders can concentrate their group synergy and solo-founders can concentrate on individual relationships.

    The key is to always have meaningful and diverse relationships with as many people as you can.

    I've started many businesses with co-founders and started some with only myself as the owner. My decision process on solo or co-founders was usually driven on the level of risk I'm exposed on. That risk gets lower over time as your network improves.