Stakk - Curate, publish, and share the best resources from the web
I'm working on a content creation tool that drives visitors to your business. I have a few beta users testing the platform. However, I would like to get feedback on the landing page.
great start!
With no pre-frame (ie, I had zero idea what your site does before clicking the link) and quickly scanning the page my first question was "what is a collection?" "What is a resource"?
To me those terms seem very generic. So I'm left with more questions than answers when I visit the page.
Thanks, Will. I will try to make that more clear immediately.
FYI, your landing page says you provide support 18 hours a day 7 days a week, but your pricing page says you provide support 17 hours a day 7 days a week.
I think you responded to the wrong topic. There isn’t any support time detailed on the landing page and there is no pricing page.
I definitely did! My bad :)
quick glance and I like the start, haven't really read it into it because I feel like it's too wide. You need some max-width to constrain the it. It's hard to pick which part to focus on with so many elements so spread out differently. But that said, I do like it.
Thanks, I’ll look into these width issues you mentioned.
Just dropping by to say that you should change the color of your buttons. Lime green + white is not pleasant on the eyes, and I doubt it will convert well. Otherwise looks like a cool product.
Thanks, I’ll definitely be looking to improve the colors on the page.
nope, drop a 10 from pro and then i might consider
Thanks, so you would be willing to pay $5/month. Any concerns about the features for that price?
leave them as is (pro)
More Bart advice from a different Bart, but still design focused:
Focus on flow.
Visitors on the internet are not like people you meet in real life, who will remember your face . They are in a hurry, and have an attention spawn of seconds.
Think of what is the most important thing you want to communicate, and what is the most important action you want the visitor to take. Highlighting those 2 things will make a very big difference. Easiest way would be to use color or font-size. Make sure the rest of the page stands out much less.
To my designer eye the padding in the header is the first thing I notice, too. But I'm pretty sure if the main CTA and Title were clearer, I would have noticed that much later. Right now I don't know where to start reading.
Good luck!
Thanks, Bart! I certainly need some work with my copy and design skills. Thinking about the flow makes sense, and I’ll start there. As someone who isn’t a designer, the padding didn’t stand out to me like it did to you and some of the other commenters, so I’ll have to do some research there as well.
Bart gave a number of good things on the landing page. I played with the demo and a few bugs:
A few other non-design things on the landing page:
Thanks for all of these details, they are very helpful! A lot of work to do on the UI/UX. Also, I think if I can get the copy right I can justify the pricing.
Hey Stephen, @BartBoch already mentioned at ton of great stuff I agree with so here are a couple more things you could try:
-That demo part is super important but it's super easy to miss maybe move it after the how it works section so you don't have two CTA soo near together.
And like @bartboch said, use a template that will make it easier for you since you have a lot of problems with how the text behaves and the whole layout.
Best of luck!
Thanks, Pedro. I was trying to get visitors to look at the demo ASAP, but I’ll look into improving that. I really like the idea of scrolling through screenshots with different use cases.
Have you built the landing page ground up? It has a whole bunch of very serious, conversion affecting issues...
I did, what do you mean by conversion affecting issues?
Alright, so it is advisable to not build landing pages by yourself if you have an extensive knowledge of the user flow. It is better to buy a template and modify it heavily - this will provide you with a strong base.
I will give you few pointers:
-navbar is lacking padding, add proper padding to left and right on larger screens.
-header overall lacks consistency - is it left aligned or centred? This will cause users to skipsome content. Also it is not using whitespace properly (it should be better distributed).
-coloring is off - CTA buttons (green ones) should use different tone; remember, not everyone's screen is set to the same saturation settings as yours!
-content - for no reason it changes the width mid-site - you use width changes on very special occasions
-pricing blocks - how can you set probably the most important part in a light grey? If user stayed for this long, then list features in a proper, easy to read colour. Consider adding tooltips explaining additional features (not needed, but some people like them)
-use a color palette - an example: https://www.materialui.co/colors ; this will help you to keep consistency throught he site.
Awesome, so much detail, really appreciate it. I’m not a designer so this is really helpful.