I'm looking for a transactional email service where I can basically do the following..
Steps:
- Online email designer where I can design email templates.
- The templates have some sort of variables or conditional logic where it inputs data that I send via JSON. This needs to include an ability to loop over arrays. For example if I send an array of order items, it needs to create a table row for each.
- Sends the email to the address I pass along when making the api call.
There is mainly MailChimp/Mandrill and Sendgrid. After using both extensively I really recommend Sendgrid, better in every way imo
Cool looks perfect, thank you. Also do you know if sendgrid can send emails on behalf of customers? I have users that need to send emails from their address to their customers and it needs to come from their email address.
You can set the "from" field, not sure if it requires some kind of authentication beforehand.