Hey guys, I was thinking lately if I should ask for immediate feedback on the services we provide or first provide an immense value to the Indie Hackers startup community. Either way, I wonder how many of you actually have founded startups, are running a startup or generally working on a startup? I ask this question since it is related to the legitimacy of your own answers and you know better that I can’t accept random answers that are searched in google from someone who has never run a startup before.
I’m Alexis, Co-Founder & CEO of impacteo, a startup that is helping other startups in their journey to fundraise by preparing them and connecting them to the right investors to ultimately secure the deal.
We're based in Lyon, France and we're early-stage startup with 7 team members (5 employees and 2 senior managers).
To what exactly I need your feedback? We’re building SaaS but we’re not there yet. We have launched as a consultancy business but the missing part is the platform which is on the way but, to be honest, couldn’t wait for another quarter or even half a year to be completed. We have decided to validate and go on like this but what are your thoughts about it? Maybe you will disagree and downvote the post or ignore it completely.
Would you trust the human factor instead of using tools, software and built platforms – would you really trust their background and expertise?
Would you use external services to represent your startup to investors and reaching out for you? If yes how much would you spend to get it done and if not what would you like to see to be convinced of its value (indisputably)?
At what stage would you be looking for services like this?
Since we’re currently using google sheets for our valuation tool it is basically a bunch of formulas that can calculate if your startup can make the cut (since we’re selective with the startups we work with). We need to be sure if the startup is ready to fundraise, I’m sure you understand it.
To be fair with you I’m going to share the bad/ugly part of our business so we can be fully transparent. The bad is that we have our first clients and we have some connections with investors and we’re continuing to grow our investor pool day by day and reaching out startups through personal connections and of course referrals. We don’t have enough investors that are a good fit for every single startup with different business models plus we can’t yet guarantee the fundraising since our relationship with the investors is quite fresh. So startups need to trust the previous experience in finance and entrepreneurship of the co-founders for the time being.
What are the good, bad & the ugly for you guys? Thank you for spending some time reading my post and trying to help me to excel further