Hi, as I am doing my transactional emails SDK, I would like to ask you a questions:
I am also looking for beta testers, so if you would like to improve your email workflow I would love to help you!
We have 8 transactional emails
• welcome email after signing up
• confirmation email after completing purchase
• follow up email after purchase was “consumed”
• invite email if customer is sharing what they purchased with one or more people
• invite confirmation if accepted
• invite reminder if not accepted or declined
• cancellation email if purchase is cancelled
• confirmation email if purchase is modified
Transactional emails are sent via sendgrid.
The rest are marketing emails of some sort sent by our email marketing provider.
Tobin, thank you for your reply. And how you send this emails? Are you using Sendgrid or similar tool? Are you happy with your transactional emails process?
The transactional emails are sent with Sendgrid.
The system we set up is pretty simple and works well. It's also something we've done a bunch of times through our careers, so we had solved the problem many times over.
I would say the most complex parts for our transactional emails were 1) converting our designs to HTML that works well across the major email clients (we ended up outsourcing) and 2) localization of our email templates.
We currently support 5 different languages.
Thank you Tobin. Do you think you could help me and take a quick look into my system? It does pretty much what you wrote: