A couple of weeks ago, a friend and I decided to jump on the challenge of creating a product from scratch in 48h. π
The product is called Krowspot, a place for everyone to share and discover the coolest spots in every city to do work from. π
We started by validating the idea with the most minimal MVP ever, literally a google sheet where people could add spots from a Typeform. π
This seemed to be working so we decided to make a Twitch stream for 48h creating a platform for it and we even got some beta testers who wanted to get involved! πββοΈ
After that, we kept working for a few days just fixing bits here and there and doing some branding etc and today, we are happy to say we have just launched it on PH! π
Thought it would be cool to share the story here with everyone since I imagine many of you actually go to krowspots (cool coffee places, libraries, etc) already and might want to add your own and discover new ones! π
As I said, we are now live on PH, come check us out and give some love π
Krowspot on PH π https://www.producthunt.com/posts/krowspot
Thanks Maksim! It really means a lot! π
hey man, where did you initially spread the typeform? to get initial feedback?
mind showing us the sheet and typeform? i really like this idea for a very early MVP!!
This is amazing! I saw it on PH today and thought it was a cool product. And then saw this post by pure luck. I would never think an MVP like that would be made in 48hr. Very impressive job!
Thank you! :)
Cool idea, and great story on rapid execution. Can you share your thoughts on the "business model" part- what is your target audience, do you plan to make money with Krowspot? Any ideas on that?
This was a 100% for-fun project so I'm afraid we haven't thought of biz models yet π
We just wanted to create real quick a user-friendly product to go from 0 to value in just a couple of days.
But just thinking out loud, I guess we could in theory charge spaces to advertise provided we had enough qualified traffic. Literally first thing that came to my mind so I guess that's the obvious solution haha
Cool stuff! What's your twitch account?
We streamed this thing from https://www.twitch.tv/rameerez_ , but here's Borja's Twitch too :) https://www.twitch.tv/borjadotai
Great MVP!
Thanks! Any feedback on what's missing / what's not clear? :)
Like the idea. Found a bug already though, there seems to be an intrernal server error with voting and reviewing liek this endpoint url:
https://krowspot.herokuapp.com/v1/spots/112/votes
Thanks for reporting this, Arne! How exactly can I replicate the error?
So i just went to the site, added a place and then tried to review it afterwards, while i was on the detail view page for it (the page you get redirected after adding the place). Thats it actually :)
btw, where did you initially spread the typeform reddit? facebook? to get initial feedback i mean.
mind showing us the sheet and typeform? i really like this idea for a very early MVP, it can be adapted for many different ideas!
Thanks! Yeah, there's a nasty bug with our cache system that affects voting and reviews on recently created spots, working on it! Thanks again for reporting :)
And of course! Here's the Twitter thread where I've tried to gather most of (my view of) the whole process https://twitter.com/rameerez/status/1068258021086806016
Most of the initial feedback came from friends, some group chats and Twitter :)
you're welcome :) cool twitter thread too, if you guys ever need some help with development react/redux or backend related let me know, i like to build stuff too :)
This comment was deleted 8 years ago