Hi all,
I’m looking to build a simple web service. Would like to seek advice on the tools I can use to build it. I joined Indie Hackers a few months ago and this is absolutely my favourite and the most useful community I’ve came across. I’ve been reading up quite a lot of posts on Indie Hackers and this is the first post I’ve created here.
The below outlines what I have in mind in creating the MVP
A front-end form which users can input variables such as age, numbers, etc (Google Form, Typeform?)
The data input are stored in a spreadsheet in specific cells, such that the inputs are crunched based on existing formulas (Google Sheets?) in the spreadsheet. Will need a new spreadsheet created for each new user who use the form since the data input from each user will be different
Specific outputs based on the crunched numbers will then be emailed to the user on a monthly basis
Ideally, the email template can be customised to look somewhat presentable - specific outputs from the spreadsheet look presentable – perhaps similar to Google Adwords update emails which they send weekly
There needs to be a way for the user to login through the front-end or a link allowing users to edit the inputs through the front-end form
Not sure if everything needs to be sewn up together and automated with something like Zapier
Not sure if what I described above needs a fair bit of coding knowledge. If so, do advice on which language and I’ll be happy to try and bury my head in the books to learn it!
Thanks a million!
Does Airtable and it’s formula support work for this MVP?
I just checked out Airtable and it looks cool. However, it doesn't seem able to generate a link or login username/password for users to edit their data through a form after their first submission through the form into the spreadsheet/database. Any other tools that might allow for this? Thanks!
Will sign up for Airtable and try it out. Thanks!