12
17 Comments

What's your favorite tool or method for building landing pages?

Unbounce, MailChimp, etc. seem to be popular tools to quickly stand up landing pages. From a search here on IH, it seems people may actually prefer to build and host their own. What's your favorite method?

  1. 5

    I used regular old HTML and an awesome (in my opinion) CSS framework called Spectre CSS to build my landing page for www.clientroute.com.

    1. 4

      This is awesome. I like the product and how clean the landing page is. Pricing is decent too. May the stripe Gods be with you.

      Have some of my clout tokens. +1

      1. 2

        @lscott3 Thanks for the kind words!

    2. 1

      Clientroute looks interesting. Please keep me posted when you launch it!

    3. 1

      Wow, your product looks really interesting. How did you decide on your pricing plans?

    4. 1

      Didn’t know about spectre.
      I’m searching something minimal and lightweight for my new landing page... I’ll give it a try!

      1. 1

        I've used it for a few projects now. It has just everything you need to make a standard dashboard UI as well.

  2. 4

    I've found carrd.co to be really easy to use, in fact paid for the pro plan last week. Believe the owner is an indiehacker too.

    1. 1

      I second Carrd

      1. 1

        3rd. Fast to get going and is responsive.

  3. 3

    I'm really loving Netlify lately for simple and secure LPs. You can even add a form for simple email collection (free for up to 100 submissions/month).

    Really great out of the box features: https://www.netlify.com/pricing/
    https://www.netlify.com/features/

    I used Vue/Nuxt on Bitbucket for my page (used this tutorial to get started https://codeburst.io/create-a-static-site-in-15-minutes-or-less-using-vue-js-e4e2a9945ee6).

    I was also able to set up Google Optimize for a/b experiments, too.
    https://support.google.com/optimize/answer/7012154#ab-tests

    All free so far...gotta love free. ;-)

    1. 1

      Harry, you stole my answer haha 👍

  4. 2

    I normally use basic HTML+CSS and tuemilio.com for collecting emails.

    1. 2

      I've never heard of tuemilio.com before, that's a great find!

  5. 1

    Quick mockup with Unbounce > Buy an HTML landing page on ThemeForest > Modify in HTML.

    Fastest way to get good results if you know html/css I think.

  6. 1

    I don't know about favorite but I've recently discovered Wordpress+Elementor+OceanWP. Makes it really easy to visually design a landing page. Add a MailChimp plugin and that's all you need to get leads.

  7. 2

    This comment was deleted 8 years ago