1
1 Comment

Done with Yoast. Looking for better.

When I first started doing content marketing, Yoast seemed like a God-send. Its traffic light system is super simple and I really appreciated that layer of SEO-checking before I put something live.

The main issue I have is that Google's algorithms have changed & Yoast's approach has stayed the same.

Take the readability scores. The most engaging content generally scores low on readability because it needs to stand out. Boring sentences (like this one) tend to be made up of fewer than 25 words.

And the extreme nature of adding in the keyphrase everywhere is too clearly an SEO technique, so increases bounces. Plus Google doesn't rate it as much as it used to.

Can anyone recommend a Wordpress plugin that's a bit more up-to-date and a bit more flexible to modern writing styles?

  1. 1

    Hey Alan,

    I hear you...

    Yoast SEO does seem to be getting long in the tooth in terms of responsiveness to Google's algo changes.

    What's worse is that their premium offering DOESN'T IMPROVE SEO meaningfully.

    You may want to try the following plugins on for size:

    1. https://seopressor.com/
    2. https://www.seopress.org/

    Naturally, YMMV.