2
0 Comments

How do you deal with DMCA Notices?

Hi fellow IndieHackers!

First time poster; I am one of the founders at Art in Res. We're building a try-before-you-buy platform for inexpensive, original works of art in New York City. We don't have a physical office - everyone works remotely.

We need a DMCA policy in the (hopefully unlikely) event of an artist uploading content that does not belong to them. As many of you are probably aware, the DMCA requires a physical address - a P.O. Box won't suffice, nor will just an email address - for snail mail take-down notices.

Other than simply listing my home address, the most straightforward option appears to be designating a copyright agent to receive and forward snail mail DMCA notices.

I thought it would be fairly easy and straightforward to compare these designated agents, but I'm failing to get comfortable with the pros/cons of any one agent over another. How have you dealt with this issue? Can you help a fellow IndieHacker out?

Much appreciated!

John