First off, I hope this kind of post is ok I didn't see any rules around what can be posted. There was a good amount of interest in this last time I posted here and it's been a fun couple of months. (You can read about that and my other side-project sale in my post history).
I created a fairly simple micro-saas web app around a popular ecommerce platform back in June/July. Shortly after I started a new position where maintaining this app would be a pretty clear conflict of interest. Because of this and my focus I haven't done any code updates or any marketing. The only work has been half a dozen or so emails a week helping people with installs or questions.
Despite this, it's organically grown to >110 monthly subscribers and making over $600 every month after the platforms share and hosting costs. And that number continues to grow every day.
Thankfully I was given a grace period to either shutdown or sell it. Indiehackers was a big inspiration in taking the time to code this up and it was always a goal to get it featured. So if there is someone on the forum that might be interested in taking this over, I'd love to hear from you :)
Edit: Monthly revenue is closer to 600 p/month, not original 900!
Out of curiosity, why would you ask people if they're interested in buying a site and not link to it? Was it some kind of concern that doing so could be considered as promoting it?
Yes maybe, honestly just an oversight. I did link to it in a previous reply on another post as well.
Just checking because I've discovered that I tend to have this kind of thought and never want to "cheat" or even use existing resources. It may stem from a childhood habit of playing video games only on hard (or harder), even the first time I try them, but it's not optimal for business, especially online.
Good luck with future side projects that don't conflict with your employer!
Hi Jimmy,
I'm interested, I just followed you on IH. You can reach me here or first name last name at gmail.
GL!
Hi Jimmy,
Message me - I'm interested in purchasing the site.
Dillon
Hey Dillon,
Thanks for the interest. Could you send me an email at josh@unitedbyapps.com.
Hey, please send me some more information. I buy a lot of sites on flippa and help them grow. I'd be interested to hear if I could do the same with your project. Reach out to me through IndieHackers and I'll get back to you.
Thanks!
Thanks dreadnaught. I am interested to hear your thoughts.
Could you send me an email at josh@unitedbyapps.com
Sounds interesting. Would love to hear more!
Interested to hear what your SAAS is about :) Feel free to shoot me a DM if you're still looking for a buyer!
I might be interested. DM me here on Indie hackers. It is too bad that your current gig resolves in a conflict of interest with all the work you have put into this. Best of Luck!
Thanks for your interest!
It is a bit of a shame but definitely worth it :) I’m keen to move on to other projects anyhow but it’s hard starting from scratch.
If you’re interested shoot me an mail at josh at unitedbyapps.com
I might be interested too. You can reach me through my IndieHackers profile to discuss.
Hey there,
I don’t see a direct message function here. If you’re interested though feel free to send me a message at josh at unitedbyapps.com
I might be interested. Can you shoot me an email? Contact details on my site, pauldessert.com