Hi All,
Wanted to see how everyone else was tackling legal.
I am currently drafting some legal documents for my own project: https://www.coenergy.app
And wondered how others have produced their legal documents without resorting to the suits? I imagine most of you copied existing documents from competitors or similar businesses which is fine for user-facing documents such as:
But, what about license agreements if you are selling B2B or drafting annual payment:
Any other 'legal' documents that might be relevant, that I have not covered?
Any templates you have found useful you could share?
Thanks,
Andre
Hey!
I literally just launched a project focused on do-it-yourself legal forms for SaaS and E-Commerce businesses: www.lawvolcano.com
(If you subscribe to our mailing list - http://eepurl.com/dyK1Kb (it's a Mailchimp link), we will be sending out information about the intersection of legal and digital businesses).
Nice and simple, have you had much traction with your business?
Also, what drove you to start this, are you a lawyer?
My only concern with yours and having to pay (even if symbolic) for something is the North American focus of your documents, means it is not straightforward for me (I'm located UK and primarily targeting customers in this region as well).
So if I need to taylor something in more detail I might as well go for ycombinator or other templates.
Any way I can reach you via email? Please contact me (my email is in my profile and website)
This should help. www.docracy.com - Open Legal Documents
Its all about 'who' you know, IH is a great community, love it. This is a great resource thanks for sharing.
Here is YC's sales agreement for early SaaS companies: http://www.ycombinator.com/sales_agreement/
There are some really good ones here: https://github.com/Automattic/legalmattic
Thought everyone would find this funny and useful for those of you pursuing legal document projects:
https://news.sky.com/story/no-deal-brexit-ferry-contractors-copy-conditions-from-takeaway-website-11597798
Hi, I am in Beta now, but am working on a project to address your concern related to the localization of legal documents. There are an incredible amount of forms online you can download or buy, but the problem is you do not know if any of them are any good or if they would work in your country/location according to local laws. To be honest, major multi-nationals struggle with this since there isn't a good way to handle it without paying a lot for global law firms, who tend to be the most expensive.
One thing to keep in mind is your legal docs (ToS, ToU, Privacy, etc) aren't that important when you are just getting started - which sounds odd, I know. People often don't look at them and if you were to get sued early, you would have much bigger problems to deal with anyways. Plus, you, if formation was done properly, would not be liable - rather your company would be that is likely not worth much anyways when you are very early on. So...I think it means you can wait to address this once you have more traction and paying customers.
I am working with a start-up lawyer (from a very large/reputable firm) who advised me to pull down docs from competitors and adjust them to fit my business - he said it is the most practical thing to do.
If you want to get on a list to be a Beta user, you can visit my site here: www.thecontractmarket.com
I also just wrote this: https://www.starterstory.com/blog/the-top-6-legal-agreements-you-need-as-a-startup
Termly.io although its expensive tbh