Real Stories About Floatation Therapy
Hey everyone! 😄
First post here and curious to hear about your unique (or indirect) ideas and methods for bringing in new leads for your businesses.
Here's my latest: https://ifloatfor.com/
I recently built out this blog to bring more awareness and education to the float industry, where we do marketing consulting for float centers (via https://morefloats.com/).
🤔The idea was to create value through the stories and experiences of people to also showcase our skills and get on the radar of center owners to bring in more inbound leads for partners. We're also thinking that we can build an automated email list through Mailchimp and RSS to send out new stories for centers to help them have more content for social media.
I've seen this a lot with startups and businesses putting out various free tools or microsites to provide lots of free value. Any other examples you've seen or done yourself?
💬p.s. I'd love to hear any feedback you have on the new blog and our idea!
The makers of a tech interview newsletter put this out a while ago, also on an IH interview: https://www.reddit.com/r/cscareerquestions/comments/855maw/i_got_tired_of_writing_cover_letters_so_i_built_a/
HackerRank did a weird thing in their early stages where they made fake resumes of really qualified people, submitted them, and told the recruiters "hey we can bring in people like that if you buy our product". Wanted to try that someday, seems amusing.
I dig the HR idea, pretty clever. 😄
Great idea. I've actually floated a couple times. Couldnt really get into it but I know that lots of people have great results. Its definitely within the sphere of consciousness stuff that I'm into.
One classic example is a microsite called howmuchforanapp.com or something similar which valued mobile app projects. Got tons of viral traffic and clients for the development shop that did it.
Hey Shaun - ah yes, I remember Crew (team behind Unsplash) made a similar tool that did really well.
p.s. For most people, it takes at least 3 or 4 times to really find your flow with floating 🙂
I have this like meditation injury, I meditated too much and now cant meditate anymore cause it creates pain. Unfortunately cant float cause it triggers it. I do other stuff though - I work around it.
Do you know Oz Fritz's blog? He says it really helps his work as a sound engineer
Oh interesting, I haven't heard of that before.
That makes sense, I'm always astounded with how different everything looks and sounds after a float. Making music would be crazy right after 😲
He's a top sound engineer, he's worked with a lot of great musicians. Maybe a good testimonial for you.
Yeah, appreciate the thought. I'll add it to our list 🙂