We're getting ready to launch our public beta of Resi, a property management platform for independent landlords and property owners. Resi allows landlords to collect rent, track finances, accept maintenance requests, and communicate with tenants effortlessly.
A lot of the platforms that currently exist target large property management companies and firms, with hundreds of units in their portfolio. We wanted to niche down a bit and target the smaller owners/investors with only a few units, and who are just beginning to scale their operation but need a better workflow than just excel spreadsheets.
We've been getting some really great feedback from private beta users, and are excited to launch Resi out to the public.
We're also building out some really powerful AI-driven tools to help property owners and brokers make smarter decisions, and ultimately more money, but more on that later.
The real estate space is antiquated, rigid, but slowly seeing disruption.
How does our landing page look? Is the problem we are trying to solve super clear right away?
Note: This is not the final version of the landing page so the "View Live Demo" button and a couple other elements do not work :)
Looks pretty good and I like how clean it is.
I know it's not the final version but here are a few issues I've found:
Things I like:
This is also a pretty cool idea. Let me know when this goes live, I know someone who might be interested in this (their family is buying property they plan to lease in a year).
Thanks so much for the awesome feedback Nick! Really great points, and we'll get to those bugs you mentioned right away.
Mind shooting me your email? I'd love to add you to our list so that you can notify your friend once we launch. We're super dedicated to working directly with property owners to improve the product. Let's connect, Nick! :)
You should be able to see my contact info on my profile (I don't have yours and don't really feel comfortable just posting it in a comment). :) Best of luck!
The landing page was clear, easy to read, fun to navigate. It helps that your value proposition is super obvious and you don't need to work hard to convince a prospect. I imagine that most landlords have a really hard time with tenants.
Nice work!
TBH, I actually think your pricing is too low for the service and feature set.
Thanks for the kind words!
This is a good point, and we've actually heard this before. It may be time to play around with our pricing.
So, here's the thing... I've been thinking of renting out my place, but the hassle involved is putting me off. That leaves me with two options: deal with the headache, or use a property manager.
Property managers charge up to 15% of monthly rent, if I remember correctly. The alternative is to do a lot of work myself. Your pricing should sit somewhere between them.
Frankly, $59 per unit seems low relative to the value, especially since the landlord can pass that cost on to the renter anyway.
Sorry to harp on about this, I just remembered something else. $95 for 100 units will be a nightmare for you. Any property manager with 100 units will be a huge effort to onboard, sell to etc. You'll be making a loss at $95pm and they'd be happy paying $19 per unit.
No worries, harp away! I think you've made some really great points on the pricing, and we're having a meeting tonight to discuss and revise it.
We do think we're providing a ton of value, so it may make more sense to increase our pricing now, rather than trying to do it later.
Most of the folks we've been testing with are smaller landlords with less than 5 properties, but you mention a great point about the 100+ unit tier, who may be willing to pay much more. Even the 50+ unit tier property owner is probably willing to pay more.
Thank you so much Dean!
My pleasure! Looks like an awesome service!
That's impressive for a beta. How are you able to offer 24/7 customer support?
Excellent presentation and colors! On a laptop the title on the Hero got obstructed by the image on the right.
Looks great -clear, concise and easy to navigate. Mind providing some insight into how the landing page was built?
How is this different from https://cozy.co?
Great start! The hero section could be better organized to use the space. I like the icons and the illustration style. Information towards the bottom is better organized. Overall, the font size needs to be more legible and bold text should be more sparingly used. Here are 7 specific comments on the site: http://usepastel.com/link/zymd/
Wow, thanks for this! I never knew about pastel, this is such an awesome tool and I appreciate you taking the time to actually mark up our page and leave comments. Really useful! We'll play around with the font sizing today as I agree with you that some parts are too small/illegible .
Thanks Aloke!
Thanks! Absolutely - best of luck!
Looks nice! A few suggestions:
Good points, thanks for the feedback FF! The pricing is definitely for an aggregate number of properties owned.
We thought about charging per unit, but since we are targeting smaller landlords to start, and the users we've been testing with so far having ~5 units, it seemed like it wouldn't be too effective revenue wise...so tiered pricing based on the overall number of units managed seemed like the next best option to us.
Per unit pricing works, as some of our competitors definitely do it, but those platforms target LARGE firms with hundreds of units, so that makes sense for them.
Heh, I've discussed this idea with my friend like half a year ago, but moved onto building my learning course instead. Would love to see your progress!
Awesome man, how's the learning course going?
It's been live at frontloops.io for ~half a year now and I've released another one within the same website. People are still interested, however I don't do any special marketing at the moment, since I'm trying to focus on another project.
This is actually a really cool idea! I can see this being a popular platform if executed well. How often does the lesson emails go out? Any thoughts on pricing so far?
You basically decide by yourself when you're ready to start a new lesson by pressing a button in the email. For the pricing - I've started with 6 EUR back when I launched markup course. Since then I've raised it twice, to 10 and then to 19 and people are still buying it. I believe that with a course for 6 EUR people don't think that it's really a course with a lot of content, while you get more trust as you rise the price, so finding the balance there is the key. However I'm still struggling with getting more traction, I had a nice boost from product hunt and reposting social medias, but it's much harder now.
Looks like you have achieved your goal of having a straight forward design. Looks like you have carried the branding throughout the page as well.
My only concern is the drift module that overlaps your app screen of the product (For first time visitors the module opens up automatically). You should consider moving the app screen further to the left so it is not covered.
That's the only thing I'd change. Looks sharp.
Thanks for the feedback Stan! Yeah, I agree with you that Drift widget can be a bit intrusive/surprising especially for first time visitors.
Do you mean we should move the chat widget icon?
I was suggesting moving the app screen to the left to be closer to the text and moving it out of the way of the chat icon/dialog window. Moving the Drift icon will work as well.
This comment was deleted 8 years ago
As a non-American, the first thing I'd want to know is whether it'd work in my country (UK) with GBP, I didn't get that from the front page. If you're US only then cool, but if you're international it'd be worth highlighting.
This comment was deleted 8 years ago