7
7 Comments

Highs and Lows

Last week's highs and lows post just got another response, so here is a new one for this week.

Simply post a short list (say 1-3 things) in the comments of the highs and lows from your indie hacker/founder efforts this week. The only rules are 1) be kind and 2) if you join in you have to post a 'high', even if it is something like 'I still get to hug my kids tonight'.

Join in this weekend and share your highs and lows!

  1. 5

    Highs:

    Lows:

    • A company hit me with a trademark infringement notice for one of my products
    • The IRS hit me with a statement claiming I owe $5,000
    • Seems I have no more handouts left to give.. and after all is said and done, despite my paycheck, I realize I am a slave to my own doings
  2. 2

    Highs:

    • I keep making progress building a following on Twitter
    • Having fun doing ideation, give me some feedback on Alexa on Conference calls

    Lows:

    • Single dad for the week, I'm exhausted and behind
  3. 1

    Highs: went to MicroConf Growth and Starter. Lows: They are over now and I'm heading home.

  4. 1

    copy/paste from last weeks post since I just commented on it 3 hours ago :P

    Lows:

    • Growth/Use is really low and not being monetized yet, makes that even more of a low

    • There's a lot to do because I'm doing a native mobile app as well as a fully functioning website so users can use both. So I have to do everything twice and that makes everything take twice as long. (I guess this is more of an on-going "low")

    Highs:

    • I talked with a couple of my most active users yesterday about a monetization plan and i think I worked out a realistic goal for the month to get my product monetized.

    • Got this comment through my chat widget last Friday:

    Hi! I recently discovered this through the Apple App Store. I'm loving the feel of it. Great job! Can't wait to see what improvements you make!

    I'm looking forward to the idea/strategy that I discussed with a couple of my users and I'm excited to finally start generating some revenue.

    1. 1

      @aphahn I'll respond to your other comment here:

      I'm using ReactNative so thankfully I only have to do the mobile side once :P but still doing everything more than once is a pain in the butt lol. But with some of my future features, I think it'll be worth it once they are launched.

  5. 1

    Highs:

    • Demoed a Client who said they would sign up.

    Lows

    • Same client right before closing the call notifies me that he's demoing with a competitor - that was 3 days ago.

    Ugh.

    1. 1

      Follow up on monday! ;-)