3
8 Comments

Would you use a platform that allows your users to vote on the next feature you implement?

I have been thinking about building a platform that allows creators to list features on their roadmap and allow their users to vote on said features. It would really be split into 2 types of voting that the creator would choose based on the project,
1: Vote with your dollars.
2: 1 User can make 1 vote no money required.

I would love to hear your guys's feedback. Thanks

  1. 4

    One of my favorite tool like this is https://canny.io/.

    Now, don't take the "there is too many of these" as a "don't go there". Just know it will be harder, but any project you'll think off already has at least one competitor.

    The objective you need to have is to commit to your work and offer a great service (easier said than done) and you can be successful.

    1. 1

      Cool glad someone built it, they pretty much nailed it and there is no point in copying them. Thanks

  2. 2

    There are so many online polling widgets which can be used for this. You'll have to provide more than just this to capture my interest.

    I say this as someone who, for a previous website, actually used a polling widget to drive product roadmap decisions.

    1. 1

      Hey thanks for the feedback, I'm actually really glad you shot down the idea as I have never thought about just using a polling website. I guess the only feature that I would have over it those is that I can allow your users to vote with money and you get that money but maybe that's not enough to validate the project.

      1. 1

        Haha, you're welcome. I like your attitude - you don't seem married to the idea ;).

        1. 1

          Yea the faster these small SASS ideas of mine get shot down the better as then I can focus on the large deving projects that I don't do for money.

  3. 1

    Yes. I'm building that functionality into my platform. I let everyone vote on features and content, putting extra weight on votes from paying members.

  4. 1

    Hi :) We launched a web app that speeds up decision making, and it has reached 2,600 users now!

    The app is https://decisionjam.com/ and it can be used as a digital alternative to the Note and Vote Process, which saves a lot of time (and post-it notes)! :)

  5. 1

    This comment was deleted 6 years ago