3
4 Comments

Hopping on the job board train - SwordJobs built in less than 24 hours with code

SwordJobs - Find a job in the game industry

I keep seeing these job boards pop up and decided what's the harm in making one myself.

Introducing: SwordJobs. A job board to recruit people in the gaming industry.

All in all, it probably took about 10 hours total to build. However, I put in a few hours after work each day starting Wednesday. So real time, about 4 days total.

Now I need to know how to market it and get people posting job ads. Any suggestions? (other suggestions and critiques welcome too)

  1. 1

    I like it ! looks really slick. where did you source the initial jobs from?

    1. 1

      I looked them up myself and added them.

  2. 1

    What did you use to build it?

    1. 2

      .NET Core (C#), Bootstrap 4, and jQuery. Stripe for payment processing and S3 for image storage.