14
9 Comments

Show IH: "Can you proofread my blog post?" is live on Product Hunt

Can you proofread my blog post? - Product Hunt

Hey IH,
It seems like basically every startup, website, and business from all over the world has a blog nowadays - which is great!

The problem: Many blog posts I come across are from non-native English speakers, writing a post in English. This sometimes leads to grammar and spelling mistakes that may diminish credibility with potential customers.

Oftentimes, it would only take a quick proofread by a native English speaker to prevent these mistakes, so I created this simple solution:
Get a native English speaker to proofread your blog post in under 24 hours.

Can't I just ask a friend to proofread?
Of course! However, some people don't have any friends that are native English speakers. Also, some people don't have any friends at all :(

Why not just use something like Grammarly?
You can definitely use Grammarly, but from my experience, their free version often misses many errors.

  1. 3

    Sounds like a great idea! I’m not a native English speaker. When I write something I never have confidence that everything is correct :)

    Have upvoted in PH and will definitely try it. Thanks for building this.

    1. 1

      Thanks for the feedback jkwang! It means a lot to me :)

  2. 3

    I like this idea! As a native English speaker myself, I often wish I could quickly fix an article's spelling and grammar mistakes as I read it.

    I'm curious how (if?) you plan to monetize this.

    1. 1

      Thanks!

      Yeah, that was the inspiration behind it. So many blogs (and even websites) have these simple errors that a proofreader would have easily caught.

      Personally, when I visit a website with a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes, it makes me hesitant to sign up. I'm sure it's the same for others as well.

      After someone submits their post, they are provided a link to tip their proofreader if they wish.

  3. 3

    Nice idea Davis. Good luck with it!

    1. 2

      Thanks for upvoting on PH, Bart!

  4. 2

    It's now featured on the homepage of PH :) Thanks for your support IH!!!

  5. 1

    great idea Davis!

  6. 1

    Love your idea Davis. sent you DM on twitter :)