Hi IH,
We've spent the past few months building Rendevu (https://rendevu.co). Product managers use Rendevu to stay on top of comments, discussion, and action items across all their apps and tools, and to create one source of truth as their team builds products.
We're running a beta right now and would love any feedback. We're currently integrated with Slack, Google Drive, Trello, and Figma, with more integrations coming on the way. If there's a killer integration that would make this super useful for you, let us know!
Thank you for checking it out. We currently only support signing up with your Gsuite account.
This is nice and interesting.
How many man-hours so far you have put on this?
Are you the only person working on this?
What is the Tech stack?
We've probably put close to 1000 hours into this with a team of 2 engineers. It's an isomorphic react app.
That's pretty interesting. Mailist's team is not big enough yet and this tool would be an overkill, but I'm saving it in my bookmarks and going to try it in the future.
Thanks! Excited to hear your feedback when you get to try it out. Are there any features that would help your small team?
We want Rendevu to provide value to teams of all sizes (even 1!). Other smaller teams on Rendevu use it as a single place to aggregate team information and discussion, thats easy to find (unlike Slack), and grows with them.
PM here -- this is one of the biggest problems i face day to day -- excited to check this out
Thanks! You can contact us through intercom, here, or through the contact us page (https://rendevu.co/contact) with any feedback or questions.
I absolutely love the design of the website, very pretty.
It would be great to see a demo video though. It might just be due to my tired self but I'm not able to envision what it will look like and how easy it will be to navigate.
I'd be interested in beta testing.
We're working on a demo video!
Emailed you wrt beta testing.
I've been a PM in larger teams. A couple of thoughts on the landing page/proposition, based on that experience...
"Your teams new <pulse/workflow/best friend>"
I don't want a pulse, I have no idea what that is. I don't want a new workflow, I'm struggling to wrangle existing ones. I don't want a best-friend, it makes me think you'll have a paperclip animation.
What I want is software that is:
I like the "single source of truth" line. I could get on board with something that does nothing other than telling me where everything else is.
Search everywhere at once - this is nice, but I'd love to see how it deals with more complex queries than "marketing". If I typed in "marketing" to my old G-drive, I would have 50 billion files to filter. Show me that it helps me find things that I can't remember the name of.
Centralise discussions in one place - dubious of this. Everyone wants to OWN my discussions, it makes the product super sticky. I'm not sure I'd trust you to do that. I'm not sure I want your product to do that. It would make it harder to sell internally. THE KILLER FEATURE HERE IS YOU SYNC BACK. Only just noticed this. Why is that not a big deal on the page??!
Keep on top of your to-do's - Again, the syncing back feature is key. You're literally saving me looking at about 7 different screens, or hooking up a ton of Zapier/IFTT links. I think you should make the syncing the key feature and show the To do/Discussions as part of it.
Stay caught up on everything happening within your team - Would love to see how this actually works. E.g. how do you prioritize, is it just time-based? I feel like this could be a powerful interface for the other features e.g. Know when to step into the discussion.
Stop losing track of your team's files and links - Totally, the problem will be, that there's a lot of flow in what's important to who and when.
Overall this app looks great, I'd hyper focus in on busy PMs, not their teams though. That way you can limit the challenge of adoption, then scale out later. Hope that helps!
Hi Warren, thanks for the feedback! Some of these changes are in progress already. Excited to hear that you think this is valuable.
Re: Search - Right now we just default to using the search apis of the individual integrations, but our plan is to add an abstraction over that to support more sophisticated querying.
Re: Staying caught up. It's not just time based, it's also based on any new activity sorted by amount of new activity, and we also prioritize activity from people that you've interacted with in the past, sorted by amount of interaction.
We are starting with individual busy PM's but one of the issues is most of the value is created when your whole team is using it. Is there a killer feature you would want for it to be very valuable in single -player mode?
Happy to help. Seems like you're on top of it.
Aside from the crits above. I'd probably want to "watch" team members. This sounds creepy, but in all honesty, there's usually someone in the team who is new/in crisis/looking to leave and its a pain to cover for them when they don't contribute.
I also think your other major challenge is marketing. Busy PMs may not have time to evaluate your product. Finding a simple way to let them use it for the first time, see what it does, should definitely be considered a feature.
Good luck!
Nice concept.
Thanks!
This looks very cool. Just shared you link on our @APPEALIE Twitter feed.
Thanks!
@rendevuapp, who would consider as your top competitors?
Hi Stan, currently probably Slack / FB for work / MS teams.
Thanks, I'll add that info to saashub :)
So I will suggest this for you:
Once upon a time, I spent months working on a project. I was already "registered" to my own product, so I thought nothing of it.
I had been nearly complete with the project, when I said, "let me just make a last effort to beta test my registration/login process."
Facebook wasn't working.
Google wasn't working.
Twitter worked.
LinkedIn was alright to connect.
However, at that time, I had been so paranoid about the social media logins not working and having to test and worry about whether people could sign up -- I needed straightforward and to know that people could sign up and login with confidence. Otherwise, every few weeks or months, I'd have to stay on top of the API that the social media networks are constantly updating. And I get it -- they too have to make their products more secure and have to constantly update those login channels to match their own constant ever-changing service.
I got rid of social media and I refuse to use it. Does it affect my logins and registrations? Well, if someone didn't want to check out a product because they couldn't be bothered to type in their email and a password... I'm really okay with that. I may have insomnia, but I still sleep peacefully.
So... when I thought about it: I realized, why do I offer social media networks to login? If someone is that lazy, do I really want them as a customer? I love the one-clicks. I'm a huge fan of making my SaaS apps all one-click. I get it. But when it comes to just getting a person registered and checking out my product -- the best way: email + password.
Even a phone number login is an awesome way to do it where I just send you a text and you're able to login with a verification code. Do you offer a way to login without Google? I tried to login twice with Google and it definitely processed but then "Oops, looks like something went wrong. Please try again later."
That's end of the line for me to even check out your product. So.. consider other ways otherwise, relying on one of the major social media networks is going to cost your visitors and customers. And I'm sure they don't really care about you using their API for login -- for those companies, it's all, in a way, "free advertising" for them.
Hi Matt! This is good feedback, we definitely want to support standard username/password in the future.
Currently, however, most of the value of Rendevu comes from the Gsuite integration (this is also probably why google login failed for you, we require a gsuite (company) google account), so with our current feature set, it didn't make sense to prioritize it right now.
Understood, so I wouldn't be an ideal client. Might just want to make mention of it on your page -- it will reduce your support ticket and emails for the confused.
Great idea, we'll add that.