6
1 Comment

Turn a Wordpress website into an App

Hi everyone!

I was reading indiehackers for the last few days and got inspired by the products you are creating. Most of them are really awesome and baked by great idea.

So I decided to test if I can turn my pet project in to a business idea. In my spare time after work I was working on iOS App for the news service I'm reading. For that I wrote small back end using Swift (it's basically just a proxy to Wordpress API) and created an App that is using that. Currently waiting on approval from that news service to be able to release it.

While I was building it I made it very generic, so by just providing different Wordpress website url it could load content from there. So I thought maybe someone will need that and I spend a day to create simple landing page to test conversion. For now it does nothing rather than collecting emails of interested people and analytics to see if people are interested in this kind of product. I hope to see some positive traction on this so I have a reason to continue.

Dinosaur.app landing page - https://dinosaur.app/

Would be great to have your thoughts on that. Thank you! :)

You can try an App here https://testflight.apple.com/join/8aoKG4GG (it's TestFlight public link). Sorry, it's in Russian language.
My Trello board: https://trello.com/b/ohD9X4JD

iOS App - Swift App (Universal)
API - Vapor (Server-side Swift) deployed on https://vapor.cloud/
Dinosaur.app - combined April and Grace templates from https://cruip.com/ and deployed to Firebase Hosting (https://firebase.google.com/products/hosting/)

  1. 1

    It is very interesting project!
    App looks great and very comfortable in use!