7
12 Comments

Roast my MVP

this product

Hi,

I have developed my MVP and ready to test it in the wild. Very scary!

https://Bizzoli.com

Backstory: My co-worker was showing me her wedding photos and they were amazing! I asked how much did they charge and she said only $200. i was blown away because they were so good! she said he was cheap because he was new and wanted to gain experience in the industry so he could build his company up.

This got my brain thinking -Services offered at a reduced cost for experience-.

So since then i have developed Bizzoli. A platform for new startups to list their services at a reduced rate in exchange for experience. I think this is a win/win for both parties.

Over the course of the week i am opening the website for startups to list their business for free and will feature them on the front page in exchange for me to iron out any bugs the users have. If you do sign up then please let me know how your experience went and if you have any feature requests. Also let me know if you need a category created if you don't see it listed.This is very Alpha right now and any feedback will be awesome.

Thank you!

  1. 4

    ROASTING TIME! (Site looks great, just gonna play devil's advocate and try and find everything I can to help you improve it.

    1. Get a favicon
      2)Unsure why you have a hotel on your listings?
    2. You're offering services at discounted rates, but I don't see any mention of prices anywhere on your site? If someone is looking to find a good deal, one of the most important things they'll care about is just how much discount they're getting.
    3. When you click a category (programming for example) the 'filter by label feature doesn't really make sense'
    1. 1

      Thanks Jordie. I’ve added your feedback to my todo list! Cheers!!

  2. 3

    Hey Benajmin, congrats on launching your MVP! Site looks great, & the graphics look slick.

    One thought I had: At first glance it's unclear what value you are proposing, and to whom. Your title 'Explore new startups' sounds like this is literally a directory for exploring startups (esp tech startups) and the rest of the copy on the page reinforces that. Maybe adjusting your language to more closely reflect your central value proposition (which seems to be: save money, promote new startups?) would help clarify that.

    Good luck!

  3. 2

    Well done for launching! For an MVP this looks very polished imo. 👍

    I tried to find someone in the Digital Marketing category. Because it's based on location/distance, I ended up with zero results. It's a category where remote work can probably work, so perhaps instead of regional search, you can show a list of all available candidates instead? Just my quick two cents.

    Keep up the good work!

  4. 2

    I second what has been said here:
    favicon, why is there an hotel in the listing? , ...

    I wouldn't use the word startup if you have hotels and photographers.
    For me it looks like a directory for startups, and a photographer is NOT a startup (they have a well defined business model in a very clear market).
    So I would rather say "Get discounted products and services from starting entrepreneurs" or something like this.

  5. 1

    I think the idea sounds awesome! I'd be curious, both as a viewer and a poster!

    My feedback:
    Tried one search just as a test, got 0 results. It was Digital Marketing in San Diego, CA.

    Is this meant to only be local businesses? I can see a huge value in this for the web in general. Like search for a specific type of product, get results from the new entrants.

  6. 1

    Hi,
    nice looking site, maps work quickly.

    Some issues:
    registering with email took me back to the explore page. I didn't appear to be logged in and unsure if it worked. Clicking the login link on the top correctly showed my login details, but that label should probably be my name to show I'm logged in.

    Added a listing (I am from Adelaide) but had to choose Sydney as a Region as there are only a handful of entries there.

    Apart from that, it all worked fairly well

  7. 1

    The Wordpress theme you using is actually really popular... you should change it a little bit...

  8. 1

    There are any number of "web directory" type websites out there, even Yahoo! started out as one of them. I'm not sure where the value add is, since directories have very similar features and I don't find anything particularly unique about it.

  9. 1

    Hi Benjamin!! Really cool idea! I like it because you're kinda going at the chicken or the egg idea - portfolio and getting hired. This is a good platform for two separate groups to find each other and come together.

    Video content creation is my dayjob, but I've been delving into development. I would love to post on your site to create front-end projects to beef up my portfolio.

    I see you have the star rating. Which is great for establishing reputation. How do you intend for startups to more easily land their first project?

    1. 1

      Thanks for checking it out! Good question! I think implementing better profile features will land more clients such as a prices section and also private msg system to engage potential clients. I’m going interview startups and have them featured in the blog section also. I want to expand and customise the rating system to tailor it for each business category. Would love for you to setup a listing and I’ll feature it on the front page for testing.

  10. 2

    This comment was deleted 4 years ago

    1. 1

      Thank you! Working on this tonight. Thanks for your feedback!