1
7 Comments

Ask IH: How to pitch your services as an indie hacker?

Looking for consultation gigs for the weekend. I can help with a security audit of websites/Mobile applications or anything related to testing.

How to find companies or individuals for this?

little more on my background: https://manishbhattacharya.com/

  1. 2

    Manish, are you already on Fiverr, Upwork, etc? Great way to get work lined up.

    1. 1

      I tried but that didn't work out for me

      1. 1

        What specifically didn't work?

  2. 1

    Start a blog

  3. 1

    How much do you charge? How long would something like that take?

    1. 2

      Charges mostly depend upon the size and functionality of the company(like Facebook/Google pays $500 per bug).

      I don't charge that much for small companies. My minimum audit rate is $1500/ website (not per bug) but again charges depends on the website and other scenarios like if clients have a mobile app or API as well.

      Timing also depends upon the website's functionality. I can work like 10-20 hours over the weekend and finish an average web application.