Hi folks,
I have built an app and a landing page for a product idea I had. You can check them out here:
Landing page: https://www.ogahunt.com
App: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ogahunt/id1422821552
It's a property hunting app designed for teams to get and organize related information collaboratively.
It started as a solution to a pain point I had while I was looking for houses/land to acquire. Most of the ones around my neighborhood where not in common listing sites and the ones that did were scattered. So saving and organizing information about properties became hard to keep and arrange in a central place. And when I wanted to share updates with my partners, I had to manually show them the changes from my notes while trying to remember what changed since the last time.
Now I need your help and feedback around it. Also, I would love to validate if my hypothetical customers (I.e., couples looking for properties or real estate agents) would be interested in the solution. I'm currently looking for them :)
Thanks in advance!
Humber
Congrats on launching your product. When I went to the site to check out what it was, I had problem deciphering what "hunt" means. I mean, I think it means property, but I don't know. May be you can make it more generic and understandable?
And also, am I just walking around and finding properties and taking pictures and tagging them? Is there a way for me to find out if these properties are listed for sale or not? And how much?
Hi Swamy! Thanks a lot for checking the site.
Great questions. About the name, I joined two words from different languages to have something a bit different but still related to the main app goal.
So the app aims at helping users search and eventually find a property (e.g. home, land, etc). And because the search might happen "on the field" I thought that "hunt" would be more adequate, even though most "Xhunt" products are closer to ProductHunt for X that my app.
About your second questions, you can take pictures, tag the location and enhance it with some related information but you can't search for "nearby" offers. I think what you mention could be a great addition to the flow in case the idea gets validated.
Do you think it's something required for an MVP? If it is, where can I fetch that information from without scrapping a site?
Would love your thoughts. And thanks again!
This comment was deleted 8 years ago