460,082+ impressions & 1300+ followers with one tweet looked like a dream until it happened. But once it happened, I believe it may be repeated a few more times.
Here's the tweet which got me 460,082 impressions, 686 RT's & 2.9k likes.
Here are the analytics:
I executed what Jack Butcher calls 'The Permission-less Apprenticeship'. In his own words "If you want to catch the attention of someone you admire, give yourself a job working for them."
Hence, I decided to make infographic summaries of tweets of people I admire.
Here's why I did what I did:
Why did I choose infographics as the format?
I already have a product on sale. It's doing well [1,2].
By sticking to infographics I would
- Reinforce that I make infographics
- I'll make myself better at making infographics
Why did I choose to make infographics on Naval tweets?
- I looked for people who provide value
- I looked for people who engage with followers
- I looked for people with massive following
I made a list of people who fit in & Naval came on top.
How did I choose the topics to make infographics on?
- I analysed the most engaged tweet-threads
- I picked topics which resonated with me
Once I knew what I was going to summarise, 50% felt done. The rest 50% of making infographics was completed and I was ready to show.
Here are 2 reasons why I choose to tweet all the 5 infographics at once instead of spacing them on different days.
- To maximise the impact to get Naval & his followers attention
- I wanted people to have top tweet guides of Naval at one place
How did I market it?
- I prepared the content for each tweet well before.
- I turned on the notification for Naval tweets/replies.
- The moment I got a notification, I tweeted the infographics [to not miss out when Naval is tweeting]
- In parallel, I posted on Reddit (r/Naval & r/Meditation) about the infographics.
Naval retweeted and the followers found value. People appreciated the effort and gave back with RT's, Likes, follows & sales.
Give value & you might get back some.
On twitter, someone asked me -What's next from here?
I don't know where this will lead to (apart from sales). But, hopefully I will figure out along the way. Reminds me of a tweet which I put out - Commit first, figure out later.
Here's what I'll do
Be consistent with producing infographic guides around blogposts, tweets & books.
5 point Summary to redo this:
- Find influencers who align with your goal
- Provide value. Massive value to increase the odds
- Pick topics that align with your goal
- Stick to one content format
- Be consistent. You might not strike every time :)