My friends and I are wanting to create a business similar to Clear (skipping airport lines with biometrics):
- we partner with events, restaurants and venues that typically have long lines
- we pay our partners to have an exclusive line for our members
- our members who pay us a flat-rate monthly membership fee to have access to these exclusive lines and skip the main line
Rough, sample business model:
- $40 / mo to skip lines to the top 100 events/restaurants/venues
- 10,000 members in our program
- $40 * 10,000 = $400,000 generated
- 80% rewarded to our partners ($320,000) = $3,200 to each partner (on average, distribution will be calculated based on check-in volume)
- 20% ($80,000) re-invested into our program's marketing, ops, etc.
- businesses with long lines don't have incentive to open an exclusive line because they don't need new revenue streams
We're not sure if there are potential problems with the idea or in the business model. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!