I started the very first discount promotion for my app.
I give 25% discount on the premium version until the end of January. I think this is a good time in my case. It is a calorie counter app and many have the goal to lose weight in the new year. I always notice a massive increase in my download numbers especially in January.
I expect more revenue than in the other months despite the discount:
- Users may be more motivated to spend money on their health if they have set a goal for the new year.
- With the discount I might get users to buy the premium version who otherwise would never do so.
- If a user has purchased the premium version, they tend to use the app longer than someone who has not purchased the premium version. I hope that these users will recommend the app to their friends.
My questions to you:
- Do you offer occasional discounts to your users?
- Why are you doing this? What do you expect from it? A price reduction means less turnover in the short term, but can have more positive effects in the medium term.
- What percentage discount do you give?
I am curious what you think about it :)