Tackling the spam problem on IH
Woohoo, I have finally launched something. It's not super useful, but I have a shipping paralysis like probably many here and so I just wanted to ship something. Recently I have realized that Twitter has a pretty cool streaming API. I also wanted to play with web sockets. Combine those two, and TechRumble was born:
1.) I shipped something!!!
2.) Got to play with web sockets
3.) Got to play with Preact
4.) Got to use Digitalocean for hosting the static files and the server + their managed db service
On the frontend:
Preact as a JS framework
Linaria for CSS
SocketCluster client for communicating to the backend
On the backend:
Express (not really used right now)
SocketCluster for web sockets
I am mainly a frontend developer so it was hard to come up with a decent design but I believe I managed to make it not look super terrible. It was also interesting to play with the database again.
Just wanted to share, thanks for reading :)