I often see indie hackers get stuck, either on a day to day basis, or generally coming up with ideas for a business or product.
I thought it would be useful to have a discussion around this.
For me, I've mostly stolen ideas, don't we all?
- I love communities, so I go searching how other communities function. What they talk about, how they engage. IH is a great example of this. However, I also look for gaps in where communities could exist.
- Every website I visit, I question their business model and I have a nosey about to see how they do things. I also ask myself if the things they do would apply to my business.
- I don't really pay attention to my competition, rather I seek other places to borrow ideas from to help us stand out more
- I often browse websites that sell websites/businesses (like Flippa or 1kProjects) and apply my curiosity to how they make money (or not).
- blog posts and newsletters - I pay attention to what people write about and how they are doing it. Often it can help inspire me in my own marketing/writing efforts.
How or where do you find inspiration?