In the office hours yesterday, @csallen and @lynnetye both emphasized that cold emails can be an effective tool when they're well-researched and concise.
My process for learning about potential customer issues and getting sign-ups from cold emails has gone like this:
- find people who complain about competitors on social media
- send emails asking to elaborate on grievances
- they (sometimes) respond detailing these grievances. Sometimes they've looked at my post explaining what my product does that's in my email signature
- I either ask for more details before making a plug for how my product can help or go straight to the plug
Do you have other strategies you've used for making sales from cold emails?
- What do you do to establish trust and credibility in your emails?
- Have you experimented with more unusual email signatures? Maybe linking to a youtube video pitching your product?
- When have you found is the best time to put a plug for your company?