In late 2017, I started a blog and newsletter about emotional health on the side of my full-time job as a psychologist.
Over the past 3 years, I’ve grown the newsletter to a little over 21,000 subscribers and use it as the primary growth engine for a second income which is almost double that of my full-time job:
- I make between $4,000 and $13,000 per month reposting blog articles to Medium via their partner program.
- I also made $35,000 last year with my cohort-based online course, MoodMastery.com
- Finally, my blog (NickWignall.com) got 1.5 million unique visitors last year, including 800,000 via organic search.
Happy to answer any questions you might have, including:
- How to use Medium to make money and build a newsletter audience (without it hurting your website’s rankings in Google)
- Balancing a profitable side-project alongside a full-time job and raising 3 young kids
- Getting started with cohort-based online courses (And yes, it is possible to make money with courses that are about something other than teaching people how to make money :)
- My extremely lazy but surprisingly effective approach to SEO
- Personal productivity habits and procrastination
- All the things I still suck at… Partnerships, marketing funnels, sales copywriting, social media, content repurposing, spellchecking
- Being a non-technical indie hacker
- The future of mental health and emotional fitness