- My team has a hard time referencing Asana tasks because it uses a random hash instead of a numbering system.
- Developers on my team have to manually add URL to git commits / pull requests to Asana cards for the product manager. Product manager have to switch between GitHub vs Asana to see whats been worked on.
- My product manager constantly asks me if a feature is on Staging (ready for testing) or if its on Production (for replying customer support).
Solutions / Features:
- Automatically assign incremented Task Numbers to newly created Asana cards (eg. FR-1)
- Add GitHub commits to Asana cards by including the Task Number in the commit message
- Sync GitHub pull request status with Asana cards ('Staging' if PR merged to develop, 'Production' if PR merged to master)
Questions / Help wanted:
- Does anyone want this for any other project management tool? (Basecamp/Trello/etc?)
- Any other feature requests?
Thank you for your time!