I attended a SaaS conference last month. Here are some of the consolidated learnings:
- Free Trial vs Freemium: Freemium is a forever promise to keep, which could turn out to be very costly in support vs ROI. Offer a free-trial instead!
- Localization: Use this order - English, followed by Spanish based on demand, then Brazilian Portuguese.
- B2D: For Business-to-Developer companies, use the bottom-up approach. Make developers fall in love with your product, which in turn makes it significantly easier to market to CXOs and VPs.
- The founders' first job is evangelism.
- Investors are not your enemies.
- Biz dev is your job.
- Know your outcome or you will discover it.
- The ducks do not line up in a row themselves. Fine print matters.