I'm faced with a tricky challenge.
I'm working on a new marketplace that connects guest lecturers to universities.
As far as I'm aware, this is the first such marketplace to do this and requires a little bit of education for both sides of the market. This is why it's also slightly tricky come up with a business model as I don't have anything to go by.
I've validated that:
- This is a problem for universities (have lecturers/professors from different universities signed up).
- People are interested in guest lecturing at universities.
- We've done a successfully matching (free, we didn't charge for this).
Where I'm stuck:
- Business model: There are a few different routes that we could go, ie. SaaS, a job site model (pay per post), email newsletter subscription, a social platform, etc.
- At the moment, we're running the marketplace via email (I can code, but not that good) and I'm stuck on the business model, which directly impacts what kind of technological solution that we'll bring to the market.
If you have any advice, I'd love to hear it.