"Research as a service” products that organize information in a way that lets people make quicker, more informed decisions are super interesting and seem ideal for indie hackers.
- nomadlist.com helps people decide where to move to next
- keyvalues.com helps engineers decide which teams to consider joining
- nerdwallet.com helps people pick the right credit card
- pageflows.com (my site) helps designers map out their user flows
- theorg.com helps sales teams map out organizational structures so they have a better of who to contact, pitch to etc.
Benefits when compared to SaaS
- Technically easier to build (a spreadsheet is usually enough for an MVP)
- Some marketing built in (in the form of long-tail SEO)
- Value compounds as more research/content is added
I wrote more about this here: https://rocketgems.com/blog/developer-content-businesses/