Hello, fellow WordPress bloggers! I've been using WP for over 4 years now and I just realized I've been using (mostly) the same plugins all this time.
So, I wanted to ask you which plugins do you use? Any favorites? And, do you have any plugins that you've had a really bad experience and do NOT recommend at all?
I've always tried to keep it minimal with plugins. But on some forums, I read that there are bloggers who use 30+ plugins. (and I'm shocked) How many plugins do you have in total?
My current plugins
- Yoast SEO: Amazed by how much they offer! (I set it up a few days ago, so I don't have any visible results yet)
- I recommend this: Simple heart button at the end of blog posts. Such a tiny thing, but keeps me motivated.
- Jetpack: Downloaded this when I first moved to WP, I've been very happy with it but lately I'm a bit skeptical if it's necessary or not (also have some speed concerns as well)
- Smush it: for image optimization
- Really Simple SSL
- Mailchimp for WP (for newsletters. But I didn't like RSS elements. So I'm doing it manually each time)
- Site Kit by Google (Analytics, Adsense etc.)
- WP-Optimize (because my hosting is not optimized for WP, I had serious speed problems)
- LiteSpeed Cache
- Elementor (I only use it for About & Contact pages)
- Health Check
Even looking at these, I feel like half of them are unnecessary. I only keep them because I don't have the time nor the knowledge to keep it optimized.