I managed to create the first version of the automatic report generation for website traffic. IT IS NOW LIVE WAHOO.
It has been a challenge to get the reports generated that look good and display all the relevant information.
Learn loads. The most interesting thing was to use Basecamp's theory of what I remove, or what code can I scrap to make thing simpler.
This worked well I was building a back end process to generate the report and then email it to the user. By deleting the processor, database table and code to request the email. It gave me the focus to build it straight into the front end. Users can now view the report in a browser with the click of a button