And just from those signups I got very valuable feedback:
90 visitors come on LeClapClub,
20 of them signed up,
5 created rooms,
1 actually connected his profile,
and 0 content received even 1 like...
So I thought: Ok, I need to make the funnel wayyy more simple. From the front door to within the room. What I did:
- Add meta data so the link makes you want to click.
- Add signup directly on the room so you don't risk losing yourself.
- There was already a (simple) onboarding but I redesigned the screens so the info is always available.
- I reorganized the tabs in the navbar so that it's in the same order than the steps users have to take: Profiles > Rooms > Content.
- I was also more explicit about who does the liking who gets liked by adding 3 modes:
"Free" mode where anyone can like/get liked by anyone.
"Admin" mode where the admin picks who like/gets liked.
"Supporter" mode where everyone likes the content of the admin and that's it.
My code is also cleaner so it's faster to change stuff. Next steps are:
- Setting up a clean tagging plan with Google Tag Manager so I understand users better.
- Improving the onboarding: Making a short screencast of how to get setup might help a lot.
- Fixing a few bugs.
It feels great sharing my updates here. I created a IndieHacker room so that we can help out each other there. Check it out now (and how metadata are lloking gooood ;p) -Jules