Last week I launched Marketing Examples to Product Hunt. The results:
- 1,500+ upvotes
- Product of the Week
- Email list grew from 1,300 to 3,300 in 72 hrs
Here's a quick summary of what I learnt:
- Don't launch straight away. Having a small following of “fans” on launch day goes a long way. Product Hunt multiplies current momentum.
- The goal of a Product Hunt launch is not upvotes. 100 upvotes and 100 email sign-ups is more valuable than 1000 upvotes and a site which can’t convert anyone.
- Schedule launch for 12:01 AM PST. Make gif. Write good first comment.
- Product Hunt launch is the day your karma comes full circle. The support you get is proportional to the support you've given throughout the year.
- Don't overshare. Don't ask for upvotes. I can assure, you this stuff does more harm than good.
If anyone's interested I've wrote up a case study showing my step by step process on the day. Any questions / feedback let me know :)