I haven't posted an update in a while...
Micro CRM lost its first paid customer last month. We are not getting much traffic. People sign up but never use the application..
I think I may have made a few mistake with my app.
These are the few things I learned from this experience
Here's a list of things I wish I did before writing my first line of code
• Understand the problem you are trying to solve. Find why the problem exists, solutions are out there and why they don't work.
• Find your target customer (niche?) talk to them and understand their struggles. They will help you understand the problem you are trying to solve even more and it will help with marketing your app.
• Look for your competitors and find something to differentiate yourself (unfair advantage)
• build an audience. For me this is probably the hard part. I did not think of that early enough and when the time to launch came I had no one interested enough to use and give me relevant feedback.
• Have proper roadmap of what features are important
• don't give out too much for free just to get users. I was offering a 30 days trial which now I see wasn't the best option.
I probably didn't do a few more things right but these are the things that I was able to pinpoint with this project.
My next project will not be perfect but I have put more planning into it this time ! We will see how things will go :)