Another week has past and I sold another ten copies of REBASE, making it a total of 50. As the previous weeks I mostly focussed on actually writing the book. My original goal was to finish 1 to 2 chapters every week, so that by the end of January 2020, the book should be complete.
This is now the third week and I've almost finished 4 chapters. I'm aiming for at least starting the 5th as well before the next week and holidays kick in.
Some things that may or may not have contributed to the additional sales:
- I've installed Hotjar on my landing page to see what my page visitors are clicking on. This gave me very good insights.
- I noticed that they were completely ignoring one of the CTAs.
- At the same time there was some information they've tried to click without it being a link.
- Another great insight was that I could see that most of the visitors were pretty much skipping most of the intro information and went straight to the "What's inside" section.
- Given all the above I've optimized the page by shortening the texts of the sections that readers don't seem to spend time on and changing colors of parts that might make them think they are links while they aren't.