You go to a restaurant or order food, but you don't know what's their most favorite/best-selling items on the menu, which are usually means its the most delicious items they got, which you should also probably get.
A directory of restaurants where restaurants can add themselves and list their menu items.
Users can rate and also review restaurant items in the menu (so they rank higher and become more visible).
This can helps people choose the best items in any restaurant they go without being unlucky and it also forces restaurants to make better food people love :)
You can ask the waiters but they're usually biased.
Questions and Thoughts
- Did you experience this problem? What solution did you find? I know for myself I can really use something like that
- How can it start making money early?
- Should this be focused a specific city that I'm familiar with? It's just seems too complicated to try and make it a global directory to begin with.
- How would you market this and grow it organically?
- Probably it wouldn't be an easy task to get restaurants to list their items. So maybe it would be a good idea to let users just add restaurants they like. Also an option - scrape restaurant websites for their menu item but this would probably be a tedious task.
- Overall I like the idea but it seems difficult to make it work.